Monday, March 14, 2005

The first post

Since the recent demise of Zofia's adorable website, I've been waiting in vain for word that it has been moved to a new server. It's been a while and I give up. I decided to start a family blog instead. That way I can keep y'all posted on Zofia's daily new accomplishments and adventures.
Today Z woke up in a fantastic mood, and stayed that way all day. She and I went to church early so I could do some work. The nursery is right next door to my office and is divided by a partition rather than a wall, so I could hear her in there with the nursery ladies having a gala of a time. Heather, one of the ladies was telling Marisa, who is new, that this is the Church Baby and they love her to pieces.
After church, we went to Chili's and had their wonderful Carribean chicken salad, among other things. Zofia sat in a booster seat all by herself! This was the third time she had done this, but she did have a first during this meal. She drank from a straw! Now some of you may be saying, "but she's done that before..." Well, yes, she has technically used a straw to consume water, but only by opening her mouth while some adult person used the straw to dribble water into her waiting mouth. But that is not what I mean. I mean she actually drank from a straw the same way you and I do. The waiter brought her her very own kid's cup with a lid and a straw and she got the hang of it on the first try. We were very excited, even though she did try to eat the crayons that the waiter also brought her.
On the way home she fell asleep in the car, and didn't even stir when I transfered her to our bed for the rest of her nap:






Then when I stepped onto the bed to try to get a better angle, she woke up of course and looked at me like this:

Then at bath time I sat her adorable naked heinie right in the tub without her usual baby bath seat. She sat there in about 3 inches of water and just splashed her little heart out.
Sundays are long, happy and exhausting days for Zofia.

No comments: