Monday, June 27, 2005

They grow up so fast!

Zofia walked today. She and I go to church every Monday to count the collection. We do the count in the nursery so that she can play while my helper and I count. Well, she was playing at a bookcase full of toys about 3 feet away from my chair when she stood up, turned around and walked to me!!! 5 or 6 steps!!! I kept my cool so as not to freak her out, but she was obviously very pleased with herself. Then later, our church secretary Sandy and my counter Janet watched her do it again and we all clapped for her. She looked so proud. Almost one full week before her first birthday!
Later tonight we went to bible study. Usually she stays home but tonight our babysitter was not available so she came with. Instead of staying in the living room with the tiny babies, Zofia crawled off to play with all of the big kids and I realized, "she is really not a baby any more!" Such mixed feelings. So sweetly heartbreaking.

No comments: